A young man retells when he and his girlfriend argued over earbuds and broke up after she demanded he buys her a new pair on Reddit’s “Petty Revenge” subthread.
The young man had been in a relationship with his girlfriend for almost a year.
The girlfriend lived in the university dorms with strict rules like a curfew and restrictions on male visitors.
The young man worked full-time and had his apartment. Before Easter break, the young man and some friends planned a road trip, but the girlfriend declined the invitation.
The day before the road trip, the young man and his girlfriend went to a shop to purchase earbuds for the journey.
The girlfriend decided to get a pair of AirPods, and the individual got himself some Bose earbuds.
On the way back to the university, the girlfriend expressed interest in the young man’s earbuds and wanted to trade them for her AirPods.
The individual declined the offer, stating that he needed the earbuds for the trip and that they could exchange them later.
When they reached his girlfriend’s dorms, she threw her AirPods at the young man, still wearing his Bose earbuds, and ran inside the building.
The young man followed her but was stopped by the guards. The girlfriend refused to return the earbuds, and the young man had to leave.
Later, the young man found the charging case for the AirPods that the girlfriend had dropped in her haste to get away.
After the road trip, the young man called his girlfriend and informed her that he had exchanged the AirPods and thrown away the charging case.
She became angry and demanded that the individual get her a new pair of earbuds, or they were done.
The young man agreed to end the relationship, and since then, he has been laughing about the incident.
Redditors couldn’t get enough of the story. One user wrote, “You didn’t break up with her over earbuds. You broke up with her because you saw how badly she treats you after one year of dating and how self-centered she is. Good on you for seeing her clearly now and ditching her!”
BeastMode said to the young man “How are you dropping that much money on someone so terrible is beyond me.”
The young man replied to him saying, “No one has ever accused me of being smart sadly.”
What did you think of the story? Were both of them stubborn and childish? What would you have done?
More From Mama Say What?!
- This Caused Her To Walk Out Of Her In-Laws During Christmas Dinner But Would You Have Done The Same?
- He Was Fired Just Before Christmas But Found Out His Boss Was Paying Someone Else Less Money To Do His Job, His Revenge Was Sweet Though
- Is She Wrong For Walking Out of a Restaurant After She Was Told to Pay for the Table?
- He Suspected She Was Cheating On Him After She Lied About Being With A Friend But The Reality Was Far More Surpising
- Twist In The Story of a Wife Angry With Husband For Missing Emergency Because of a Tech-Free Weekend
- Was He Wrong for Pretending Not to Recognize His Parents When They Tried to Reconnect?
- Was He an A**hole for Sticking Up for His White Brother When Confronted With His Grandparents Racism?
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock / Damir Khabirov. The people shown in the images are for illustrative purposes only, not the actual people featured in the story.